Friday, May 1, 2009
Clarence McMillan Cheesecake
I once told a friend that you should always name what you bake. And not just any old name like "chocolate chip cheesecake." No, no, no. That name is overused & overrated. Haha. You got to give it a name that is worth remembering. The name "Clarence McMillan Cheesecake" originated from two experiences I had in college. One occurred on a street called Clarence and the other on McMillan Drive. Both involved a lot of cheesecake. :) So.....As requested here is the famous "I hate cheesecake, but LOVE your cheesecake" recipe called Clarence McMillan Cheesecake, that y'all have been asking for.
1 prepared graham cracker crust
3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1 (16oz) carton of whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk;beat well.
3. Add vanilla and eggs to the bowl and mix until smooth.
4. Toss 1/3 of the miniature chocolate chips with the 1 teaspoon flour, and beat on medium speed. (This prevents the chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the cheesecake). Mix into cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Sprinkle top with remaining chocolate chips.
5. Bake in oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool in the refrigerate for another 2 hrs.
7. After the cheesecake has fully cooled and is solid, remove from fridge.
6. In a bowl, Mix whipping cream, almond extract, and sugar. Use a hand mixer and blend the two ingredients until the whipping cream is thick and fluffy.
7. Use a spatula and icing the cheesecake with the whipped cream mixture.
8. Decorate the top of the cheesecake with cut strawberries and blackberries.