Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Dirty Dozen

Those who know me personally, know that if I had to choose between designer clothing and fresh organic produce, I'd pick food over clothes anyday :) Hehe. What matters more to me is not what I put on my body, but rather what I put in it. Now thats not to say that external apperances and body care do not matter. It just reffers to how I prioritize. Prioritizing is the most imporant tip I could offer to anyone who buys organic, or is thinking about starting.

It's no secret that organic food is expensive. Priortizing can help minimize the costs. Using the dirty dozen as a reference is a good place to start. Below are the top 12 items that have the most amount of pesticide residue on them; items you don't want to buy conventionally:

  1. Peaches
  2. Apples
  3. Sweet Bell Peppers
  4. Celery
  5. Nectarines
  6. Strawberries
  7. Cherries
  8. Pears
  9. Grapes (Imported)
  10. Spinach
  11. Lettuce
  12. Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment