Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn): We're alike, me and cat. A couple of poor nameless slobs.Cross my heart and kiss my elbow.
(Inspired by Breakfast at Tiffany's)
1 teaspoon vinegar
3-4 artichoke hearts (frozen, canned, or fresh)
2 tablespoons of fresh Sun-dried tomatoes (in the produce section of most grocery stores)
1/4 teaspoon dill
1 tablespoon sour cream
salt & pepper
1. Fill a large saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low, pour in the vinegar and 2 teaspoons of salt, and keep the water at a gentle simmer.
3. Crack an egg into a small bowl. Holding the bowl just above the surface of the water, gently slip the egg into the simmering water. Repeat with any remaining eggs.
4. Poach the eggs until the whites are firm and the yolks have thickened but are not hard, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water.
5. Refill the large saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
6. Boil artichoke hearts for 2-3 minutes.
7. In the meantime, mix sour cream, dill, and a pinch of salt & pepper.
8. Place pouched eggs in a bowl. Remove artichokes from the saucepan and place on top of the poached eggs.
9. Top with sun-dried tomatoes and a dollop of the sour cream & dill mixture.
So get creative. Get cooking.