1 cup milk
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup zucchini
1/2 cup sunburst squash
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a small 6in baking dish.
- In a large pot, combine the milk and chicken stock. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When it is at a rolling boil, gradually whisk in the cornmeal, making sure there are no lumps. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly until thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the polenta into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour the olive oil in a saucepan and saute minced garlic on medium heat.
- Slice zucchini & sunburst squash in 1/4 inch slices and add to the saucepan.
- When the vegetables have slightly browned, add the fire roasted tomatoes & some fresh basil to the saucepan and warm thoroughly.
- Cut polenta to any shape desired, place on a plate, and top with the tomato mixture.
- Garnish with more fresh basil and enjoy!