Wednesday, July 8, 2009
"Tempted by the Fruit of Another" Ice Cream Parfait
I absolutely love the song, "Tempted By the Fruit of Another" by the British rock band Squeeze. If you don't have it, I highly recommend that you download it on iTunes.
10 blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries (Berries of your choice)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Low-fat Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Cut bananas and strawberries into 1/4 inch slices.
2. Pour whipping cream, sugar, lemon juice, and almond extract into a bowl. Use a hand mixer and blend the two ingredients until the whipping cream is thick and fluffy.
3. In four bowls, add a layer of bananas, strawberries, and berries of your choice.
4. Scoop out some ice cream and place it on top of the fruit.
5. Add another layer of bananas, strawberries, and berries of you choice.
6. Place a dallop of the homemade whipped cream in each bowl.
7. Garnish with lemon slice & lemon zest.
8. Serve & Chow-down!